*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, therapist, or health professional of any kind. I’m sharing things that I have been taught that have helped me (or not). This is my experience.

Translate

Thursday, January 10, 2013

I'm Still Alive

I know it's been a long time since I've posted.  The depression I had been battling landed me in the hospital.  I didn't hurt myself, but I was seriously thinking about it.  I spent two weeks on the psychiatric ward and many of my medications were changed.  Now I am taking Lithium and Effexor XR with my regular health medications.  I made friends with a few people on the ward, which helped pass the time.

Once I was released back home I realized that I wasn't as better as I thought I was.  I slept more than I should have and was still depressed. It took a couple of weeks but I was finally feeling better.  Then I got sick, not just once, but four times in a row.  They used different antibiotics and now, after what seemed like forever, I feel better.

In the last few days I have been exercising with the hopes it will help my mental and physical health.  My dad and I cleaned out the cupboards and the fridge and bought healthy groceries.  So far it's going well.  A couple of weeks after I got out of the hospital the doctor said I had lost 12 lbs.  Plus I have a few more in the past few days.  It helps that I haven't had much of an appetite since I started the Lithium.  I've found most of my exercises on (my guilty pleasure) Pinterest.  Some of the pins are full of empty promises (Lose 10 lbs over 2 days, etc.) But if you check them out you can find good ones.

Anyway, what have I forgotten?  Christmas was good, a lot of people showed up.  New Years was boring, I didn't even make it until midnight.  I can't really think of anything else.

Hope you enjoyed the holidays and sorry it took so long for this post.

1 comment: