*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, therapist, or health professional of any kind. I’m sharing things that I have been taught that have helped me (or not). This is my experience.

Translate

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Relationships

"You don't get points for pity fucking the sick girl."  - Love, and Other Drugs

Relationships are complicated for everyone.  Everyone has baggage.  But people have a hard time accepting what they don't understand.  It's easy for people to understand that you are having a hard time getting over your ex or that you were abused as a child or maybe that you had a drinking problem.  Hell, some people even understand that you suffer from depression now and then.  But when you have to tell someone that you see, hear, feel, and believe things that aren't real and that it will never go away, just go in remission when your medications are working, it's not just hard:  It's excruciatingly embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment