*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, therapist, or health professional of any kind. I’m sharing things that I have been taught that have helped me (or not). This is my experience.

Translate

Friday, October 5, 2012

Back on Seroquel

I finally heard back from my psychiatrist's office today.  I told them how my ankles had swollen and my pupils were really dilated.  They decided to take me off of the Depakote and switch the Saphris to Seroquel.  The Saphris was causing jerking/twitching movement in my leg and arm.  I'm worried about the Seroquel because the last time I took it I gained 40 lbs.  I'm working with my doctor to try taking metformin if my blood sugar is too high.  I got my blood drawn to see if it is or not.

My neuro appointment went ok except for the fact that I can't stop the propranolol since I had to stop the Depakote.  They put me on Zomig for when I have a migraine so no more icky Imitrex.

My depression is really weighing on me.  I'm not sure what to do.  It was suggested that I exercise but I don't have any motivation.  I'm hanging out in chat and watching a movie.  That's all I can do for now.

1 comment:

  1. One day at a time, moment by moment. When I'm depressed, even the smallest thing can make a big difference. Just getting out of bed and sitting in the living room, or brushing my hair and putting on some makeup can really help. Maybe you can find a few small things to do that will brighten your spirits even a little.

    ReplyDelete