*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, therapist, or health professional of any kind. I’m sharing things that I have been taught that have helped me (or not). This is my experience.

Translate

Monday, October 15, 2012

Survival Mode

Not much has changed since my last blog entry.  I am still fighting depression tooth and nail.  I am in survival mode, doing as little as I have to to make it to the next day, over and over.  I feel very empty.  Even when I'm hungry I just don't feel like eating.  I am taking in enough food to keep my stomach from annoying me.  I feel like communicating with no one even though I know isolating is not good for my depression.  I have a very hard time concentrating.  I spend most of my time focused on stupid things I've done over my lifetime.  Things from when I'm a child are not off limits.  I have a hard time convincing myself to do anything.  When I do try to do something it's like my mind can't keep up.  Thoughts are just not processing like they should.

1 comment:

  1. Focusing on things I've done in the past that I feel were embarrassing or stupid is one of my problems with depression, too. It can be really rough. Sending you good, healing thoughts and thinking about you. Sorry you are going through such a rough time, I am there with you!

    ReplyDelete