*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, therapist, or health professional of any kind. I’m sharing things that I have been taught that have helped me (or not). This is my experience.

Translate

Monday, July 16, 2012

New Year Post from My Last Blog: January 2, 2011

This is an entry that I first wrote as a note on Facebook, then moved to my last blog when I decided to become more personal with my entries.  This is from January 2, 2011 which seems like a long, long time ago.


"Note from facebook #2

My Life These Days...

So it's now 2011.  I will officially be 24 on February first.  It's hard to imagine really.  With the ECTs ruining a good 2 - 2 1/2 years of my memories and leaving many other holes, you can imagine how I can feel only 20 or so.  I don't mean maturity wise or intelligence wise, but if we're talking years alive, 20 seems to fit right.  It seems like just the other day I was charming older men and drinking waaaay too much.  Who knows, I may still be charming older men ;).

These days I've quit drinking (it doesn't mix well with my medication).  Honestly, I'm not currently dating but I'm working towards thinking about it (lol).  Ya know it's hard with a situation like mine to keep an eye out for that potential date.  And then how do you explain it them?  Hey, you're really cute, by the way I'm crazy and can't have any kids!  Haha, that's a turn on.

In the coming year I plan to make my apartment my own (hopefully I'll get a real bed!) as well as (once I heal from the surgery) take some classes at the YMCA, taking art classes in the spring, and continue with my IPR and HAB programing.  Looking at those plans, they should keep me busy, not to mention my normal health maintenance that I have to do all the time.  As always, I'd like to stay out of the hospital but, those of you who know me know that hospital visits don't upset me as much anymore.  I know that sometimes that's where I have to be.  I'm going to keep my doctor visits pretty frequent for now to try to ward them off.

Anywho, that's what's starting off my 2011.  May you enjoy yours!

Comments:
Amber Clabaugh: good luck :) hopefully you have a great year and you get everything accomplished that you want to get done :)"


It's hard looking back, almost as hard as it is looking forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment