*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, therapist, or health professional of any kind. I’m sharing things that I have been taught that have helped me (or not). This is my experience.

Translate

Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Lovely Psychiatrist's Office

Well after spending yesterday's early morning hours hypomanic and then the rest of the day in a mixed episode (which I'm not sure if I can call it that because it was only a day) I'm back to being depressed.  I have no motivation so I've been spending my time on crazyboards trying to distract myself. People are always sympathetic to my situation there, on the boards and in chat.

When I called my psychiatrist's office on Friday they told me he was on vacation and the psychiatrist overseeing his cases told me to go back down to the lower dose I was on.  I told them that would be a problem because I only have capsules that I can't split.  They called me in a script for tablets and I'm just supposed to take them until I can talk to my psychiatrist on Monday.  Here's the good part, they called the tablets in Friday afternoon and I didn't notice until 6:30 when it was time to take one that they only gave me a script for two pills.  That's two pills for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  I swear these people...grumble, grumble.  So now I think I'm going to have to split the remaining tablet for today and Sunday.  I've heard people talk about the bad withdrawal symptoms and I'm hoping splitting it will keep that from happening.

I guess the only good thing that came out of it was that I'm no longer having the mixed symptoms.  I really didn't think it would work because we've always used a PRN antipsychotic to bring me down.  I'm not very excited about talking this over with my psychiatrist on Monday because I feel like since I started seeing him things have gone downhill.  He doesn't seem to have very many ideas on how to handle my symptoms.  I'm thinking about asking to go on depakote.  I know some people have horrible side effects but some people don't and I hear it's one of the best things to take for a mood stabilizer.

I am going to see a neurologist at the University of Iowa next week to talk about going on Topamax because I think it will keep my headaches/migraines away and it really cuts out your appetite.  I also need to talk to them about something to take if I get a migraine because I just can't take the Imitrex anymore.  It just makes me way sick.

I have a regular doc's appointment on Tuesday for my yearly exam (yay - sarcasm) and I might talk to them about going on something called Metformin which is supposed to help with the weight gain caused by antipsychotics.  If they are willing to give me that I think I will keep the propranolol for migraines and forget about the Topamax.

I had been talking to my ex and he told me he still loves me and misses me.  That was a week ago and he's no longer talking to me.  Figures, right?  Definitely does not help with my mood.

All I want is to crawl back into bed and stay there, ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment