*DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, therapist, or health professional of any kind. I’m sharing things that I have been taught that have helped me (or not). This is my experience.

Translate

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Slipping Deeper into Depression

My depression has been getting worse and worse.  It's now to the point where I will do almost anything to stay in bed and am only spending 6-8 hrs a day out of bed.

I am having akathisia (restlessness, feeling like you have to move) as a side effect of either the Saphris, the venlafaxine, or both.  I'm taking benedryl as my doc has advised me to and am taking my left of clonazepam as well but it doesn't seem to be helping.  It just gives me one more reason to want to lay in bed.

I have a laundry list of coping skills but I can't seem to get the motivation to do any of them.  I even bought and started a puzzle, but now I won't touch it.  I keep thinking about exercising but I just can't force myself to do it.  I was going to print off coloring sheets but it's the same problem as the rest.  Even concentrating on typing this is almost too much.

I'm going to call my psychiatrist's office tomorrow and tell them how bad things are getting and ask them if they have any group therapy that I could get into.  I've always thrived in group therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment